- Plan, organize, and provide high quality dietary services for residents of the facility.
- Apply continuous quality improvement principles to workflow, performance, production and changes to service and dietary requirements to meet legislative requirements.
- Select, supervise and motivate dietary staff; ensure dietary staff work as a team in order to provide a high level of productivity and the best use of staff capabilities.
- Ensure environment of all food preparation and storage areas meets Public Health requirements.
- Maintain all records in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements, including the implementation and posting of all regular and therapeutic menus.
- Liaise and consult with residents, families, government officials, and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities.
- Participate in the budgeting process; is accountable for the departmental budget and food costs.
- Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutritional Management (C.S.N.M.) or a Registered Dietician required
- Post-secondary education and the successful completion of a recognized Food Services and Nutrition Management Program.
- Minimum 2 years dietary management experience in long-term care setting
- Strong leadership skills to direct the work of employees
- Superb organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Experience managing employees within a unionized setting
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety practices, principles and legislation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Customer-focused with high emphasis on building and maintaining relationships with clients.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields