- Works as part of a team with other personnel of the residence, in providing for the comfort, safety and well-being of each resident.
- Community College Health Care Attendant/Personal Support Worker Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Two years or more experience, preferably in a geriatric setting;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Empathy for, and understanding of the needs of the elderly
- Work as part of a team
- Capable of adapting to different situations and change
- Keen interest in working with seniors
- Delivered and received report at the beginning and end of each shift;
- Receives direction, assignment and evaluation of work from the RPN (charge nurse);
- Provides care with personal hygiene, dressing, bathing, etc., for each resident as assigned according to the individual care plans.
- Orders supplies from the kitchen as needed and stores supplies upon receipt;
- Sets-up, delivers and returns meal trays to residents as required, due to illness, injury or special circumstances as approved by the charge nurse;
- reports any changes in a residents’ physical, mental or emotional conditions to the RPN (charge nurse) and/or DOC;
- Answers call bells promptly, and responds to residents needs and requests;
- Assists in the preparation and serving meals;
- Notifies shift supervisor in the event of an emergency and assists in implementing emergency interventions as delegated by the charge nurse or DOC;
- Practices infection control protocol;
- Reports all resident and staff incidents/accidents immediately to charge nurse and/or DOC;
- Records on each resident’s check list daily;
- Reports malfunctioning of equipment, repairs needed, fire hazards to front desk or charge nurse.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields